Thursday, December 8, 2011

CLASSICS OF CRAP: VOLUME 14-Manos, the Hands of Fate


Well, here we are at last. One of the foulest cinematic turds of all time. Manos, the Hands of Fate is by itself, virtually unwatchable, but I, and I'm sure most people have seen it with the brilliant Mystery Science Theater commentary track playing at the bottom of the screen. Where do I begin? The movie looks like a snuff film, is one of the most technically incompetent movies ever made, and routinely makes the lists of the worst films of all time. I first saw this MST3K episode in college, and it quickly became one of my favorites. What can you say about Torgo, the half man, half drunken satyr/housekeeper? And how about Tom Neyman as "The Master" sporting the brilliant costume of a black robe with two red hands on them? Holy God, just thinking of this movie makes me want to drink bleach.

Watch a clip...if you dare...

5 comments:

Alex M said...

Are you aware of the Manos in HD project? Basically, someone found the original work print and is working to restore it to it's original... er... glory.

Jeff Victor said...

YES! I did see that! Pretty awesome. As cool as that is, though, I just don't think I can watch Manos without the 'bots.

George Kaprielian said...

damn jeff your stuff is super inspiring, great work. keep it up, and remember us humble artists you leave in your wake. I saw something covering this movie once, a show about bad movies or something. looks hilarious. He kept saying we'll fix it in post. even stuff like filming night scenes in broad day light, classic.

Belle Dee said...

LOVE THIS!! I've seen Manos about a hundred times, but just the MST3K version.

Laurens99 said...

Thank you
Very interesting and helpful article

https://www.arenabettingclub.net/