Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Strange, Beautiful Evolution of Guillermo Del Toro

One of my favorite directors has to be Guillermo del Toro. No other director can create a more intriguing mix of horror and humor than del Toro. I remember being incredibly impressed with Mimic when I first saw that in 1997, then a few years later, being overwhelmed with the beauty and suspense of the Devil's Backbone. Pacific Rim, as of this writing, hasn't come out yet, but you bet I'll be there opening night to check it out! As a side note, I would kill to visit his "man-cave" called Bleak House, where he keeps all his horror themed art, toys, and trinkets. If you haven't seen it, you can sneak a peek here: 

1 comment:

Cris Arroyo said...

Amazing! May I ask how long does it take to make these drawings? I'm still a beginner with computer drawing and for me it would take ages to reach half this result. Thank you :)