Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Evolution of Superman

Hey guys, this year marks the 75th birthday of one of the first, and certainly most influential superheros of all time. It's no exaggeration when I say I've been a life long Superman fan. I watched the first two Christopher Reeve movies again and again as a kid, and knew them nearly verbatim.  My parents got me a set of Superman Underoos (if you remember those things), which I wore under my clothes to hide my "secret identity". I even carried my Kenner Superman action figure everywhere I went.
        As for this picture, I planned on doing this a few weeks ago for his official birthday, but I got tied up with other work, so hopefully better late than never. In a few weeks, Man of Steel opens, and I couldn't be more excited to see one of my favorite heroes back on the big screen. It'll be a bit strange without the traditional John Williams fanfare, and I'm one of those people who actually misses his red underpants. (Hey, I'm a traditionalist) From what I've seen from the trailers, it looks spectacular, and I can't wait to see what Zach Snyder has in store.
Special Bonus! Here's one of my earliest drawings ever- a pic of Supes drawn when I was 4 or 5 years old.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! I love your artwork(saw it on geektyrant) but I wanted to ask if you could do Robert Downey Jr with the Mark 42 suit as his most recent role. Thanks!

gatoechado said...

Great Work, really amazing!, but I just wonder why everybody seems to forget the Louise and Clark Superman, he is the worst, I know! but is a Superman anyway!

Ant's Web said...

What no Dean Cain?

He did count

Ant's Web said...

What no Dean Cain?

He did count