Monday, May 18, 2015

The Evolution of John Hurt

One of the most versatile and talented thespians of his generation, John Hurt has been turning out one amazing performance after another for decades. Probably best known as Kane, the first victim of the xenomorph in Alien, he's well known to a whole new generation of younger viewers from his roles in movies like Harry Potter, Hellboy, and Indiana Jones 4. This is my tribute to a brilliant actor. What's your favorite John Hurt performance? Leave a comment and let me know!

UPDATE: Got an email this morning from John Hurt's personal assistant. Apparently he saw the illustration and wants a print. Ok, that just completely made my day! O_O

5 comments:

Aankhen said...

IMDb lists 202 acting credits, and skimming through them suggests I haven’t seen more than ten! Oh my. The ones I have seen are the more recent ones, from Hellboy on. I think my favourites are Gilliam from Snowpiercer and Marlowe from Only Lovers Left Alive.

Rob said...

What? No Caligula??? :-)

Brisco County, Jr said...

Or V for Vendetta? I loved his monologues in that one. He has a rich voice, just like Hugo Weaving.

clarkkers said...

It's really hard to top his performance as the War Doctor. Only got him in one episode, but he really steals the show.

Dr. Mila said...

I would have liked to see Hazel-rah and Winstom Smith, but still--great work!