Sunday, March 4, 2012

Classics of Crap Volume 27: Rock and Roll Nightmare


Hey nerds, and welcome back to Classics of Crap. 1987 was a great year for crap movies. Superman 4, Over the Top, Mannequin, Jaws-the Revenge, Ishtar, The Gate, and Disorderlies all came out that year. Of course, possibly the crappiest movie of all to come out in 1987 was a super obscure gem called Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare. Jon Mikl Thor wore many hats on this movie, writing, producing, starring, and even writing the music. I would like to shake his hand. The climatic battle in this scene is so awesomely terrible, it must be seen to be believed. John Triton, as played by Jon Mikl Thor, (yes, Thor) faces off against a satan-like demon, which is portrayed by one of the lousiest monster puppets ever. I'm not kidding. The demon taunts our hero(?) with lines like, "This is incredible! It is almost no fun to kill one so stupid as to not know who it is that slays him. You are in my domain, and I will kill you as I have killed your pitiful friends." Un-believable. This scene should be a centerpiece jewel in the B-movie crown of glory, if there was such a thing. I discovered this flick in college and have loved it ever since. I strongly encourage you to watch the final battle on YouTube. Stick it out 'til the end, and you'll see why Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare is a legend of bad moviemaking!

No comments: